Hello Newtown Creek CAG members and followers,
What has the CAG been up to lately?
- US EPA joined the October 1 CAG meeting for a presentation and discussion. They gave an overview of Phase I of the remedial investigation and discussed Phase II’s objective, schedule, activities and next steps.
- Also at the October 1 meeting: Willis Elkins (CAG steering committee member and program manager for Newtown Creek Alliance) and Randy Austin (Chief, Spill Prevention & Response Programs, Region 2 – Environmental Remediation Division – NYS DEC) talked about recent petroleum dumping in Newtown Creek and some great community/agency teamwork that identified, investigated and is solving the problem.
- And: Mitch Waxman shared photos and a summary of a boat tour that some CAG members attended in September, which was organized by the Newtown Creek Group. Anchor QEA, contractors conducting the RI/FS for EPA, conducted the tour on one of the boats that is being used for sampling activities. Watch his video HERE.
- Notes from the October 1 CAG meeting give more detail on all of the above. View the notes on the CAG Notes page of the CAG’s website.
- The CAG Steering Committee will meet this month to plan the agenda for the next full CAG meeting, which will be held in a few months in Queens.